The Library is envisaged to serve the needs of our faculty, research scholars, students and other academia and is developed as an important repertoire of learning resources, functioning as the heart of the college.
• The library shall acquire, maintain and ensure efficient use of books, journals, documents, reports and other learning resources.
• The library facilities shall be regularly upgraded.
• The library shall be developed as a hybrid knowledge resource centre offering both print and electronic resources.
• The library shall follow open-access system
To make the library more learner centric and user friendly, the institution has constituted a Library Advisory Committee that meets periodically and reviews the status and suggests new initiatives. The committee
• The Chairman – Principal
• The Secretary – Librarian
• Members – Vice-Principal, HoDs, and the student representatives.
The committee designs activity chart of the library depending on users’ needs. They recommend and monitor the procurement of the e-books, educational CDs, latest books, journals, magazines, newspapers and furniture. Library stock verification is conducted by the committee annually.
The following are the important initiatives implemented as per the suggestions and
decisions of the committee:
- Library automation & software development
- Air conditioned server room
- Server computer
- Wi-Fi enabled reading corner
- Reorganizing and restructuring the library counter
- MESHI-LOGIC library software is used in the library
- Electronic Resource Management package for e-journals
- INFLIBNET facility is available in the college
- Library Website
- The library does not have an independent website. It has been integrated in the website of the college.
- In-house/remote access to e-publications
- Besides INFLIBNET, a large collection of digital texts have been made available to the students in the college library from which students can copy the required materials.
- Library automation
- Library automation is in the process of completion.
- Total number of computers for public access
- 5 Nos
- Total numbers of printers for public access
- 1 Nos
- Internet band width/ speed
- VPN connection - 1 Nos
- Institutional Repository
- A photocopying machine is provided for the benefit of students.
- Participation in Resource sharing networks/consortia (like Inflibnet)
- INFLIBNET facility is activated and the students are free to access the database and collect information.